Sweet Inspiration and Culinary Adventures!

Saturday, August 18, 2012

Dad's Oatmeal Cookies




My parents are visiting this weekend!  I go through these phases where I get completely home sick - even though I haven't lived at home for nearly 9 years.  That feeling you get when you miss your family so much it's all you can think about, it leaves a weird feeling in the pit of your stomach.  I guess I should be thankful that my family is so wonderful that I can't help but to miss them all.  That said, my mom and dad are visiting this weekend.  I am so excited to see them!  In honor of their visit, I've decided to make my dad'sfavorite oatmeal cookies.  Instead of raisins I'm using cranberries and adding white chocolate chips.  So good!

Dad's Oatmeal Cookies

Ingredients
1 3/4 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 egg, beaten
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup melted butter
1 tablespoon honey
1/4 cup milk
2 cups regular oats (not quick)
1 cub dried cranberries or raisins
6 oz. white chocolate chips (optional)


Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Sift together flour, soda, salt and cinnamon.  Stir in the rest of the ingredients, adding the oats, cranberries/raisins and chocolate chips last.  Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls onto cookie sheets.  Bake for 12 minutes.  Makes approximately 4 dozen cookies.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Please leave comments.