Sweet Inspiration and Culinary Adventures!

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

A Blissful Wedding Shower

A few weeks ago I had the pleasure of baking for my brother’s fiancé’s bridal shower.  The menu was chocolate cupcakes with chocolate buttercream (my specialty), vanilla cupcakes with vanilla buttercream and heart shaped sugar cookies.  I had a lot to do for one Saturday afternoon!  Thanks to the family troops who helped me pull it all together.

I honestly cannot believe the time has come – we are now just two weeks away from the wedding.   This last year has absolutely flown by.  It seems like only yesterday my brother popped the question and now one of the greatest days of their lives is about to happen.  My little brother, getting married.  No surprise there.  I knew one day he’d sweep a woman off of her feet, but who knew it would happen so quickly. 

They asked me if I would be willing to make cupcakes and sugar cookies for the bridal shower and their wedding.  I said yes, of course, honored they would even ask.  As a shower gift, I had a cake knife and server set engraved.  I thought it was only fitting since I was doing the desserts for the shower and the wedding. The dessert table looked beautiful, decorated with sugary treats and homemade paper flowers.  A wonderful weekend to jump start the wedding festivities.

Perfect Chocolate Cupcakes
Ingredients:
2 Cups Flour
2 Cups Sugar
3/4 Cup Ghirardelli Cocoa Powder
2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
2 Large Eggs
1 Teaspoon Salt
1 Cup Buttermilk
1 Cup Vegetable Oil
1 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1 Cup Boiling Water


Directions:
Preheat oven to 300 degrees F  Mix all ingredients with the paddle attachment on medium speed until blended.  Pour into cupcake tins (pour batter 3/4 high).  Bake for 20-25 minutes.  Test with a cake tester. 


For a 9x13 in cake - bake for one hour.


Let cool on wire racks.  Frost and decorate.


My Vanilla Buttercream:
2 pounds confectioner's sugar (1 package)
2 sticks butter (European style preferred), softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Milk, as needed for consistency 


For Vanilla cupcakes, omit the cocoa powder and add 1/2 cup all purpose flour.

Sugar Cookies
For the sugar cookies I use Wilton Roll-Out Cookie Recipe

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Please leave comments.