Sweet Inspiration and Culinary Adventures!

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Addicted to Pinterest - Pumpkin Pie Bites



Beautiful photos, creative ideas I would never think of, amazing DIY projects, endless amounts of recipes, the list goes on and on.  I wonder how many other people are addicted to Pinterest?  You’re either on it every chance you get, or you don’t know it exists. 

I have a board for every aspect of my life – that includes building my dream home.  I’m currently renting – and probably will never be able to afford my dream home, but that’s why it’s a dream home.  I get to pretend that money is flowing freely and I’m going to build an amazing home with walk in showers, tree houses for the kids I don’t have yet, relaxing lounge areas for movies and of course the dream kitchen and overly organized pantry that lends itself to endless amounts of cooking and baking.  Don’t forget this kitchen is open and flows right into the rest of the house so I can always be entertaining.  Oh to dream…

Well, for now, I can at least make one aspect of that come true – cook and bake for friends and family in an apartment I don’t deserve that has an amazing open layout – yes I can entertain!
I may as well put all of those wonderful recipes I’ve been pinning to good use!  I’ll start with the Pumpkin Pie Bites.  Who doesn’t like pumpkin pie?  And when it comes in a pop in your mouth, eat as many as you want because they are so small, bite size who can resist?  I’ll take five, or six, or….

Pumpkin Pie Bites
Ingredients
2 refrigerated ready-to roll pie crusts
8 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup canned pumpkin
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Roll out dough and cut into squares (some will have rounded edges).

Mix cream cheese, sugar, canned pumpkin, 2 eggs, vanilla and pumpkin pie spice together until thoroughly combined.

Spoon mixture into each cut square of pie dough – fold edges to meet in the middle.

Bake for 12-15 minutes.
Remove pies to cool and repeat with second pie crust.  Place the muffin tray in the freezer to cool it quickly for re-use.
Makes 24 pies.  Keep refrigerated.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Please leave comments.