Sweet Inspiration and Culinary Adventures!

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Peanut Butter Morsels


I heart peanut butter. Okay, I more than love it. I have an obsession. I probably shouldn't admit this, but sometimes I eat it right out of the jar, on a giant spoon. Not just the teaspoon, the next size up. You can't tell me you never do it.  Favorite candy, Reese's Cups, hands down.  Peanut butter surrounded by chocolate, what's not to love?

The big question was, instead if eating it off the spoon, what dessert can I create with it?  I opted to try a peanut butter cookie.  Can I incorporate some form of a delicious Reese's candy?  Reese's Pieces - I'll add the two together!  A perfect harmony - peanut butter cookies with extra peanut butter and chocolate crunch.  What's to lose?  

For regular peanut butter cookies skip the Reese's Pieces and flatten the cookie dough with a fork prior to baking.


Peanut Butter Cookies


Ingredients:
8 tablespoons (1 stick) butter, room temperature
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 large egg, beaten
1/2 - 3/4  cup creamy peanut butter (depending on how you want them to taste)
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
12-16 ounces Reese's Pieces


Directions:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.  


Cream together the butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla.  Stir in the eggs and then blend in the peanut butter. Stir in the flour, baking soda and salt until a smooth dough is formed. 


Form the dough into tablespoon-sized balls and place on cookie sheet 2 inches apart.  Bake one sheet at a time for 8-10 minutes.  Cool on a rack for at least 10 minutes.  


Yield: About 24 cookies




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Please leave comments.