Sweet Inspiration and Culinary Adventures!

Monday, October 10, 2011

I LOVE Birthdays.

Happy Birthday!

Today is my birthday, so we had to have cake to celebrate. 

My lovely sister wanted to make me a birthday cake.  I have been wanting to make a cupcake house (adapted from Wilton) for ages.  What better time than for my own birthday!  With my assistance, my sister crafted this amazing birthday cake for my birthday celebration.  We used a white wedding cake recipe for the batter and my traditional, signature buttercream frosting.  B was in charge of dying the frosting.  I haven’t quite mastered colors!  She always has to tell me when I’ve hit the color I’m shooting for, I’m not sure why this is so difficult for me.  The doors and windows were the hardest part.  I piped them on, and she smoothed them down to make them look like actual  doors and windows.  They turned out fabulous!  I think I’ll hire her full time as my color expert and window/door shaper. 


The trickiest part was assembling the house.  Using a dowel rod, we slid the small cupcake on top of the larger one, being careful not to completely ruin all of the work we just did!  B spread the pink frosting on top of each cupcake as the roof.  Sprinkles added a little something special, as did the candied dots on the window and door trim.   To finalize the house, grass was added.  I think this is my favorite cake I’ve made so far.  It is too cute!

Thanks B for your help and wanting to make me a fabulous cake!  And thanks to my very good friends who joined me on Saturday for a pre-birthday celebration.  Dinner, drinks and birthday cake.  What could be better?!  The celebration was one to remember, and I know there are only more to come!  

1 comments:

2amscrapper said...

so amazing! Way to go B !!!!!

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Please leave comments.