Sweet Inspiration and Culinary Adventures!

Saturday, December 24, 2011

A Christmas Eve Brunch

                            

Christmas is here!
I love Christmas.  Our immediate family gathers together at my Mom and Dad's to celebrate the holiday.  Christmas is a smaller celebration than Thanksgiving.  It is quieter, more relaxed and wonderful.  (Don't let me mislead you, Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday.  We are able to see all of our aunts, uncles and cousins.  We share wonderful meals and are always laughing!)  



We decided to start Christmas Eve this morning with a festive brunch.  I made a Sausage Cheese Breakfast Casserole last night to pop into the oven this morning.  It called for turkey sausage and low-fat cheese to lighten this casserole.  I did use a full-fat cheese for added flavor, but followed the recipe otherwise.  It was unbelievably delicious and still fairly low in calories to help us conserve for all of the Christmas cookies.  


Georgia Peaches anyone?  Yes, please!  I used one ounce Peach Schnapps, one ounce orange juice and filled the rest of the glasses with champagne.  Oh my goodness, so good.  And it is never to early on Christmas to have a little bubbly!







I've been promising my brother, A, for months that I would make him the blueberry streusel muffins.  As an added side dish, I whipped these up this morning.  As good as ever - super moist and filled with blueberries.  Yum.


My cousin, J, was a tremendous help this morning.  He even made the potatoes.  He baked them, then sliced them adding them to a pot with butter and diced onions.  Wow.  No better way to start the day!


Merry Christmas!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Please leave comments.