Sweet Inspiration and Culinary Adventures!

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Cookie Extravaganza

Kitchen is clean, butter is at room temperature and the Christmas music is playing.  Let the baking festivities begin!


Many people host holiday cookie exchanges to make baking for the holidays easier.  Now I know why!  I spent the weekend baking.  It was absolutely wonderful, but a true challenge.  I started with making homemade dog biscuits for my sisters puppy.  A lovely Christmas gift from the heart.  The biscuits came out wonderfully.  They were a little puffy, but they smelled of chicken and looked like the expensive dog biscuits you buy in the high-end shops, so I was happy.  Now on to the cookies for humans!


I want to give cookies away this year as a nice treat for people.  I'm making the cookie I'm known for - the classic chocolate chip.  I've made chocolate chip cookies more times than I can count.  This is the cookie that got me started on baking as a hobby!  They are wonderfully delicious, and super easy to make.  I made a double batch to ensure plenty for the family and all of my gift boxes!  


Next up - Ooey Gooey Butter Cookies.  This recipe is a family recipe.  I remember my Aunt A making these when I was a kid.  Exactly how they sound, ooey, gooey, buttery, melt in your mouth - YUM!  These still are an all time favorite at our house.  


And don't forget the sugar cookies!  I made a double batch of these so I could give plenty away and still have some left over for the family.  I made these for A and C's baby shower, and they were a huge hit.  I'm hoping these will go over just as well, if not better than the last time I made them.  I chose a variety of shapes to get into the holiday spirit, Christmas trees, stockings, candy canes, gingerbread men, stars and snowmen.  Decorating is a bit of a challenge.  I'm not sure I have the right tools to make these look as awesome as they could, but close enough!  And practice makes perfect, so I guess I'll just have to make more of these in the near future.


I am looking forward to giving these sweet treats away and sharing them with my family.  Looking forward to Christmas!


Happy holidays! 



1 comments:

2amscrapper said...

The vests on the gingerbread men look fantastic!

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Please leave comments.