Sweet Inspiration and Culinary Adventures!

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Muffins - Absolute Perfection


How to describe a muffin.  If made correctly, they have a perfectly moist inside with a crunchy topping – melt in your mouth deliciousness, especially hot from the oven.  I’ve always had a love for breakfast food.  I can eat breakfast for breakfast, lunch or dinner.  And don’t forget about brunch!  Taking my love for baking and combining it with breakfast food has become a real treat on the weekends.  Glorious muffins, hot from the oven with a small pat of butter.  Nothing is better when you’re still in your sleepy state first thing on a Saturday.

As children, mom used to make us blueberry streusel muffins after church.  These are the muffins that come out of a box.  They were delicious, but the formula changed over the last year and they certainly aren’t the same.  We used to beg for these muffins.  They were so good!  I was experimenting one weekend trying to recreate these delicious memories of childhood.  Success has been found.

I started with a recipe for apple pie streusel muffins, but made a few changes, including swapping out the apples for blueberries.  Followed then by banana.  What else was I to do with the bananas that were slowly turning from ripe to screaming "bake with me please?!"  Substituting three bananas for the blueberries, these muffins turned out phenomenal.  Moist in the center, with the crunch of the streusel topping.  Absolute perfection.    

1 comments:

2amscrapper said...

awwww-thanks for that sweet comment. Your muffins surpass anything I ever tried. But my mom made us yeast rolls from scratch with a citrus flavored frosting. They were waiting for us, warm from the oven, after school. We'd eat them in front of the tv while watching Mickey Mouse Club. Remind me to give you the recipe.

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Please leave comments.