Sweet Inspiration and Culinary Adventures!

Saturday, December 24, 2011

Happy Birthday, J!

I've said it once, birthdays are wonderful.  A time to remember how amazing life can be and the joys it brings to all of us.  I had the great honor of celebrating with my favorite cousin, J.  Vanilla on vanilla was the request.  I tested a new vanilla cake recipe.  I think I found a winner!  It stayed so moist and was absolutely delicious.


I made my classic vanilla buttercream.  For the filling I chose a white chocolate, raspberry ganache.  Boil 1 cup whipping cream for 5 minutes, take off heat and add 5 oz. white chocolate to melt.  Refrigerate for 1 hour to set.  Add chopped raspberries to cream mixture after 1 hour refrigeration.  Pour over cake layer.


This was my first square cake, and it was so much fun to make!  I "wrapped" it to represent a present.  I made my own fondant - wrapping the entire cake with white fondant.  I then colored the remaining fondant blue and used strips for the ribbon.  I wrapped 1/4" strips around dowel rods and let dry to make the curliques.


The cake turned out beautifully.  Happy Birthday, J!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Please leave comments.